Welcome to SharePoint Data Doc
Would you like to merge your SharePoint Data to Microsoft Word or
Automate your standard documents?
How would you like ...
- to have an integrated component within MS Word which allows you to instantly
source live data from your SharePoint site Lists?
- to automate your standard office documents using your SharePoint List data?
- to automatically generated batches of client letters at the touch of a button?
And Automatically print them?
- to automate the creation of customer specific email shots, with attachments?
Save your office cash and increase its efficiency?
- to give your users the ability to create Ad Hoc reporting from within the
familiar environment of MS Word, yet using your live SharePoint data as the
source? And the SharePoint query builder to make it easy to do?
- to give your users the ability to batch update SharePoint list data from within
All of these features and more await you when you utilize the time saving power
of SharePoint Data Doc.
SharePoint Data Doc can be used to source data from SharePoint 2007/2010 and 2013!
a trial version and try it out for yourself.
Some Scenarios Where you Might Use SharePoint Data Doc:
You are a business which generates a lot of standard
documents such as letters, faxes, memos containing individualised information
such as names and addresses. Companies such as Accountants, Lawyers, Health Care
Providers and Banks generally produce a lot of documentation such as this. The
documents can be large and contain a lot of variable data pertaining to each
Customer/Project whatever. In this case the templates can be set up with
bookmark to the data already set up. The user can then create each individual
document at the touch of a button rather than getting each piece of information
from SharePoint and copying it in to the document. More than this, the user can
select a batch of customers etc. for which to generate documents and
produce a large number of them at the touch of a button, each one with
individual data taken from SharePoint.
You are a SharePoint solutions developer and you want to
package template documents such as letters, faxes, memos with the solution (say
a CRM) you are creating. You do not have the budget or skills to automate the
document creation yourself, however you can leverage the product to do the same
thing but at a fraction of the cost to you. Case in point, GTek Pacific in
Vancouver Canada, who purchased licences for just this reason. They use the
software to automate the creation of Invoices that are generated automatically
by their solution and then either emailed or post mailed to customers.
Take a Look at GTeks Use Case.
Creation of Ad Hoc reports by users for meetings,
management etc. You can create your own documents representing the data in
SharePoint as you see fit, store the template and reproduce as and when you need
it. You can also reuse the parts that you create in different ways across
different reports by simply popping bookmarks into your document
Automate the sending of Emails with personalised
content and personalised attachments using your SharePoint Data as the source.
SharePoint DAta doc - Most Recently Added Features:
More flexibility for Table Creation with the
addition of more Column options. Double click the column in the Selected Column
list of the Table Definition to bring up the column properties dialog:
Added the ability to carry out a batch update to
a SharePoint list (!), this is very powerful functionality that is usually not
available without coding.
So, it is located within the Table Definitions screen and allows you to update
field in all of the SharePoint list items returned for the table query. You can
select a Server Managed Document property from which to source the update value,
or you can enter a literal value to update, while also selecting the field that
you wish to update. Remember that if it is a Yes/No field then you must use 1’s
and 0’s as your update values.
Once you have created the Update Query you can run it by refreshing the table in
your document from the Ribbon and then select the Save with Update button from
the Ribbon, which will execute the query.
All your SP list items for the fields and values specified will be updated in
Key Features For End Users:
- Add SharePoint list data directly to your active Word document at any time and from any list.
- Ad Hoc, on demand, flexible reporting of your live SharePoint data without any server installs required.
- Automate batches of documents to mass produce standard letters etc from your SharePoint list data.
- Automate batch emails in an E-Shot using SharePoint list data to build content and source email addresses.
- Automatically attach generated documents to automated emails and send all with a single click.
- Create Batch Update Queries to update SharePoint List data with absolutely zero code - There is nowhere else that you can find functionality like this!
- Build Complex CAML queries using the query builder and use Managed Server Property values in Where Clauses
- Query SharePoint list data from within MS Word client.
- No Administrator input required to use.
- Easily convert your current standard documents by simply highlighting variable text and adding a SPDD bookmark.
- Preserves document font formatting such as italics, bold and color etc.
- Use multiple SharePoint Lists as the source for a single documents data.
- Define and store Query Definitions for re-use.
- Query Definitions can handle any number of Where clauses now using any field as the criteria for the clause
- Define and save Table Definitions to be used time and again. These are based on Query definitions.
- Pop a bookmark for a Table Definition into your document in the same manner as a normal data field.
- Dynamic tables can be placed in Batch Document templates, they will fill with live data during creation.
- Tables can be refreshed with Live data at any time with a single button click.
- Entire document data can be updated with live SharePoint data at any time with a single button click.
- Create and use Composite Bookmarks in your documents, amalgamated from multiple SharePoint list fields to create address blocks etc.
- Define and store batch jobs, users need only select a batch and run it, could not be any easier to use.
- Application wide default field format settings, define field format when loaded from server.
- Over ride these field formats with individual field formatting if required
- Add Alias' to your individual fields and use this to make table columns display whatever you want for a given field.
- Advanced column options including column width, background shading, fore color and font size allow you to create eye catching data tables.
- And more...
- Easy to Install and to Use.
Key Features For SharePoint Developers:
- Very easy to package template merge documents with your custom SharePoint solutions with No coding required.
- Create WSS Security settings file and roll to your users.
- Create custom datasets reading from your own custom list data, and roll these details to your users.
- Easily create merge template documents specific to your application and roll to your end users.
- Easily transform client documents into merge template documents specific to your application and roll these to your end users.
- Copying one file, DDXMLStore.xml, to your users Documents\DataDoc\ folder transfers the details for WSS connection and the data sets required by packaged templates.
- Cost and time effective when compared with bespoke development.
It is flexible and very powerful! Download the Trial Version here
For support enquiries or problems involving your download, please contact us info@DCSoftwareSolutions.com